Aloha families of Pediatric Dental Group
We hope you and your families are safe and taking care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Our office follows and exceeds the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Please take time to read the following office guidelines:
1. Please keep the number of people that accompany you to the office to a minimum.
2. In accordance with Hawaii and Honolulu governmental recommendations as well as CDC Guidelines for Healthcare Facilities, face coverings/masks will be required for all who enter the office.
3. If your child (or anyone accompanying your child to the appointment) has a fever, runny nose, cough, congestion or is ill, please call us to cancel and reschedule your appointment. Temperatures may be taken by our staff on any patient in question.
4. If your child or anyone in close contact with, or living with your child is positive for COVID-19, or is in self-quarantine protocol due to a suspected or confirmed exposure; please call us to reschedule your appointment.
5. Upon entering the office, please sanitize your hands (use your own if you prefer).
6. We will no longer be using a physical sign-in sheet so please verbally alert our staff of the names of the patients checking in.
7. As per recommendations from the ADA, toys, reading materials, coloring items have been removed from the reception room.
8. Please exercise space mitigation while in the reception room. We will also place chairs in the hallway leading to the office and in the back hallway on the other side of the elevators for your convenience.
9. If you prefer to wait in your car, please call us to let us know that you’ve arrived at the building and we’ll contact you to alert you when we are ready to see your child.
What additional precautionary measures are we taking against COVID-19?
In addition to our already stringent infection control procedures that we have always had in place, you may see us using a fogger in the pictures above. We have implemented the use of hypocholorous acid (HOCl) as a surface spray as well as in a fogger, as an added step to disinfect the air and surfaces for everyone’s protection.
HOCl is a safe-to-contact disinfectant that is 80-100 times more effective than Clorox against viruses and bacteria. At lower levels of strength it’s used as a no-rinse food/vegetable sanitizer, in diabetic wound care, treatment of flesh eating bacteria, and in optometry for eye care.
HOCl is on the EPA’s List-N for use against COVID-19.
We have also implemented the use of medical grade HEPA air purifiers that utilize ultraviolet-C technology throughout the office.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask us.